Denali Memory Report:
The Denali Memory Report is produced by Cadence Design Systems, Inc. It delivers memory market news, discussions of market trends, products and product strategies of the memory vendors, plus information about alliances and industry consortia.
Subscribe to Denali Memory Report!
- Some great analysis on SSD wear leveling and power consumption
- The Economist covers PCM – must be something real
- Add OCZ to the growing list of SSD vendors differentiating their drives with a proprietary controller
- IDT announces DDR4 register chip for DDR4 registered DIMMs and 3D die stacks
- Western Digital sampling 5mm, 2.5-inch, 500Gbyte hybrid HDD with NAND Flash
What's hot on the Denali Memory Report?
- Compact Flash
- Hybrid Memory Cube
- NVM Express
- Wide I/O
Tag Archives: SAN
Do you know the advantages and disadvantages of the six different use cases for SSDs?
Marc Staimer, founder and senior analyst at Dragon Slayer Consulting, has just published an excellent primer on locating SSD storage within a server and storage network. With the advent of PCIe-based SSD storage based on NAND Flash memory, the number … Continue reading
Posted in Flash, HDD, SSD Tagged Cache, Flash memory, Flash memory controller, Hard disk drive, NAS, Network Attached Storage, PCI Express, SAN, Solid-state drive, SSD, Storage area network 1 Comment