Denali Memory Report:
The Denali Memory Report is produced by Cadence Design Systems, Inc. It delivers memory market news, discussions of market trends, products and product strategies of the memory vendors, plus information about alliances and industry consortia.
Subscribe to Denali Memory Report!
- Some great analysis on SSD wear leveling and power consumption
- The Economist covers PCM – must be something real
- Add OCZ to the growing list of SSD vendors differentiating their drives with a proprietary controller
- IDT announces DDR4 register chip for DDR4 registered DIMMs and 3D die stacks
- Western Digital sampling 5mm, 2.5-inch, 500Gbyte hybrid HDD with NAND Flash
What's hot on the Denali Memory Report?
- Compact Flash
- Hybrid Memory Cube
- NVM Express
- Wide I/O
Tag Archives: Floppy Disk
25 Years of Removable Storage in One Photograph
Thomas Morffew published this amazing photo showing 25 years of removable storage artifacts. At the top are 5.25- and 3.5-inch floppy disks. Towards the bottom, in the center are some CDs and then comes the solid-state storage—memory sticks, SD cards, … Continue reading
Posted in Storage Tagged Compact Disc, Floppy Disk, Removable media, Secure Digital, Solid-state drive, USB flash drive 3 Comments
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Paper predicts the bleak future of SSDs and NAND Flash memory
An interesting and disturbing paper titled “The Bleak Future of NAND Flash Memory” written by two researchers at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of California, San Diego, and one Microsoft employee uses current trends with … Continue reading