Denali Memory Report:
The Denali Memory Report is produced by Cadence Design Systems, Inc. It delivers memory market news, discussions of market trends, products and product strategies of the memory vendors, plus information about alliances and industry consortia.
Subscribe to Denali Memory Report!
- Some great analysis on SSD wear leveling and power consumption
- The Economist covers PCM – must be something real
- Add OCZ to the growing list of SSD vendors differentiating their drives with a proprietary controller
- IDT announces DDR4 register chip for DDR4 registered DIMMs and 3D die stacks
- Western Digital sampling 5mm, 2.5-inch, 500Gbyte hybrid HDD with NAND Flash
What's hot on the Denali Memory Report?
- Compact Flash
- Hybrid Memory Cube
- NVM Express
- Wide I/O
Tag Archives: Elpida Memory
Operational DDR4 SDRAM prototypes appear at ISSCC
As reported this week by several Web sites including Techeye.net, Samsung and Hynix both demonstrated working prototypes of DDR4 SDRAM at the ISSCC conference in San Francisco this week. The Samsung and Hynix DDR4 memories were manufactured in 30nm and … Continue reading
Posted in DDR4, SDRAM Tagged DDR4, Elpida, Elpida Memory, Hynix, International Solid-State Circuits Conference, ISSCC, Micron Technology, Samsung, SDRAM, Server memory 1 Comment
Big week for Wide I/O: JEDEC publishes spec while Elpida ships sample 4Gbit parts
Wide I/O jumped closer to being a reality this week with two major announcements. On December 28th, Elpida announced that they were making sample shipments of 4Gbit Wide-IO. (See “Let’s start the new year with a bang! Elpida ships 4Gbit … Continue reading
Posted in JEDEC, LPDDR2, SDRAM, Wide I/O Tagged Elpida, Elpida Memory, JEDEC, LPDDR2, SDRAM, ST-Ericsson, Wide I/O Leave a comment