Denali Memory Report:
The Denali Memory Report is produced by Cadence Design Systems, Inc. It delivers memory market news, discussions of market trends, products and product strategies of the memory vendors, plus information about alliances and industry consortia.
- Some great analysis on SSD wear leveling and power consumption
- The Economist covers PCM – must be something real
- Add OCZ to the growing list of SSD vendors differentiating their drives with a proprietary controller
- IDT announces DDR4 register chip for DDR4 registered DIMMs and 3D die stacks
- Western Digital sampling 5mm, 2.5-inch, 500Gbyte hybrid HDD with NAND Flash
What's hot on the Denali Memory Report?
- Compact Flash
- Hybrid Memory Cube
- NVM Express
- Wide I/O
Tag Archives: 20nm
More DDR4, DDR3, and 3D IC technical details from ISSCC, courtesy of memory analyst and expert Jim Handy
Semiconductor memory analyst and expert Jim Handy has just published an overview of some memory papers given at last week’s ISSCC. Handy’s article on the ElectroIQ web site supplements some of the previous Denali Memory Report blog entries published earlier … Continue reading
Chris Ramseyer at Tweaktown was kind enough to notice and snap this photo of Micron’s incredible shrinking Flash memory chips at this week’s Storage Visions event in Las Vegas. The image shows graphically what the numbers tell us intellectually. Starting … Continue reading