IDT has announced a small but essential component for the development of advanced DDR4 DIMMs: the 4RCD0124 DDR4 register. A device of this type is required for building DDR4 DIMMs to provide registered buffering. In addition, the 4RCD0124 DDR4 register includes advanced RAS (reliability, availability, and serviceability) features and support for 3D SDRAM die stacking on the DIMM.
Denali Memory Report:
The Denali Memory Report is produced by Cadence Design Systems, Inc. It delivers memory market news, discussions of market trends, products and product strategies of the memory vendors, plus information about alliances and industry consortia.
Subscribe to Denali Memory Report!
- Some great analysis on SSD wear leveling and power consumption
- The Economist covers PCM – must be something real
- Add OCZ to the growing list of SSD vendors differentiating their drives with a proprietary controller
- IDT announces DDR4 register chip for DDR4 registered DIMMs and 3D die stacks
- Western Digital sampling 5mm, 2.5-inch, 500Gbyte hybrid HDD with NAND Flash
What's hot on the Denali Memory Report?
- Compact Flash
- Hybrid Memory Cube
- NVM Express
- Wide I/O