EEtimes reports http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/4391539/Startup-raises-money-to-bring-MRAM-to-market?pageNumber=0 that Avalance Technology http://www.avalanche-technology.com/ has just gotten $30 million in funding from Avalanche’s current investors (Vulcan Capital, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Thomvest Ventures and Qualcomm Ventures) and VTB Capital (Moscow, Russia). The investment is to help Avalanche ready its spin-torque-transfer (STT) magnetic RAM (MRAM) for production. Avalanche is one of a number of companies that are questing for commercial STT MRAM, hoping to displace some or all of the NAND Flash market.
For much more information about MRAM and MRAM vendors, register for Memcon over there on the right. Also, see:
- Can the Magneticians finally succeed in getting MRAM launched as a viable, low-power ASIC NV memory?
- The return of magnetic memory? A review of the MRAM panel at the Flash Memory Summit
- Is MRAM ramping up to the big time?
- STT MRAM startup Spin Transfer Technologies secures $36M in Series A funding
- ISQED: Who and what will win the Universal Memory Derby?
- New memory models support system design for next year’s introduction of Everspin STT MRAMs